Ontario Montclair School Employees Federal Credit Union has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy.
Ontario-Montclair School Employees Federal Credit Union understands the importance of protecting your privacy by maintaining the confidentiality of each member's financial records. We do not provide account or personal information to nonaffiliated third parties for purposes of independent telemarketing or direct mail marketing for products and services related to those parties. In order to serve you efficiently, we maintain the information you provide to administer records and accounts, process your transactions and to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. At Ontario-Montclair School Employees Federal Credit Union your privacy is important to us.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website:
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information.
- This site contains links to other sites. Ontario Montclair School Employees Federal Credit Union is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
- Data collected by online forms are used solely for the purpose for which they are intended.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Security measures include protected database and secure socket layer.
Web browsers can operate in "normal" mode and in "secure" mode. You can tell which mode your browser is in by looking at the toolbar at the bottom of the browser window. If you see a broken key, or an open padlock, you are in normal mode. If the key is whole, or the padlock is closed, you are in "secure" mode.
When you surf the Net in "normal" mode, all of the information you type into your browser and all the information the Web site sends to you are visible to eavesdroppers. When your browser is in "secure" mode it encrypts all the information between itself and the server. Encrypted information looks like meaningless garbage to eavesdroppers, so your personal information is secure.
For more information on security and the Internet, visit the Thawte Consulting web site.
Online Loan Application Security
Our online loan application uses a security technology called SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). SSL is a set of rules followed by computers connected to the Internet. These rules include encryption, which guards against eavesdropping; data integrity, which assures that your communications aren't tampered with during transmission; and authentication, which verifies that the party actually receiving your communication is who it claims to be.
We also use a high-grade 128-bit encryption key. There are two levels of encryption: 40-bit and 128-bit. With 40-bit encryption, there are billions of possible keys to decipher the coded information, and only one of them works. Someone intercepting the information would have to find the right key - a nearly impossible task. With 128-bit encryption, there are 300 billion times as many keys as with 40-bit encryption. It is virtually impossible for an unauthorized party to find the right key, even if they are equipped with the best computers.
According to the answers that you have chosen, your Web site meets the guidelines of TRUSTe's Children's program.
- We do NOT collect personally identifiable offline contact information without prior parental consent
- We do NOT distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information
- We do NOT give the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information
- We do NOT entice by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can reach us at the following addresses: