What you need to know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but OMSEFCU pays it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
OMSEFCU will authorize and pay overdraft for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking ac count number
- Automatic bill payments
We DO NOT authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see Opt-In Form below).
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we DO NOT GUARANTEE that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if OMSEFCU pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $25 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for over drawing your account.
What if I want OMSEFCU to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, you have the option of completing the form below or telephoning us at (909) 983-1959.